RS:One Convertible Rig
Introducing the RS:X Convertible concept, the future of one design windsurf racing. Neilpryde has employed the latest windsurf technology to minimize equipment and maximize wind-range. Riders literally fly around the course on a foil in light winds, then switch to fin for full on slalom racing as the breeze builds.
The RS:One convertible is the pathway to the RS:X convertible class – they share the same board shape, but use a lower tech rig, foil and fin to reduce the costs and make the class more accessible.
- The RS:One Convertible joins our one-design program as the lightweight, effortless foil and slalom sail. It was developed alongside the RS:X Convertible sail and offers an extreme direct power release control and the perfect balance between stability and lightness.The RS:One Convertible feels as light as a no-cam sail making it ideal for foiling. Getting into the gust is very easy thanks to reduced backhand pressure that maintains a stable flying height. When used with low outhaul tension it generates a lot of lift for early take-off. When used in over powered slalom conditions the RS:One Convertible will maintain great control keeping the board stable on the water. RS:One Convertible is the true pathway sail to high-performance one-design windsurfing racing.
- 65% Carbon Mast – Thanks to the added fiberglass prepreg layers in the lamination process it is virtually indestructible! Use of fiberglass results in considerably thicker wall thickness making it immune to ovalization under compression as well as very resistant to impact damage.
- Alloy Boom – “Pressure Flow Forged” aluminium Head, Monocoque aluminum tail extension, T6 series alloy arms, Twin-Pin Trimlock adjustment system, Integrated boom lever, Integrated adjustable outhaul pulleys, forged carbon VT joint.
- MXT Extension – With a custom made stainless bottom piece combined with perfectly aligned angled pulleys and the exclusive MXT Mono-button system, the RS:Convertible alloy extension is the ultimate racing extension offering a wide range of trimming options. It has been designed to offer a secure, heavy duty connection and ease of operation.
- MXT Base – Fin box mast base system with urethane tendon, used by most professional sailors, MXT Large Release Mono-button for a secure, heavy duty connection and ease of operation. Sand friendly easy connection in all environments. Wide surface area contacting board for better load distribution.Grip padded plate for shock absorption and scratch protection of board deck.
SIZE: 5.6, 6.3, 7.0 & 7.8
MAST: 430 & 460 Carbon 65% SDM
BOOM: Aluminium 175 cm