RS:X Convertible Rig
Introducing the RS:X Convertible concept, the future of one design windsurf racing. Neilpryde has employed the latest windsurf technology to minimize equipment and maximize wind-range. Riders literally fly around the course on a foil in light winds, then switch to fin for full on slalom racing as the breeze builds.
- High performance sail based on RS:Racing design and specifically developed to perform both on Windfoil and Slalom boards. The RS:X CONVERTIBLE is an evolution of the RS:RACING LT1 sail, and is designed on the concept of real world racing combined with key foiling features. Compared to a pure racing sail, the RS:X CONVERTIBLE has a higher aspect ratio, shorter boom and increased foot size to accommodate vertical rake when foiling. The sail delivers quick and precise response instantly allowing the rider to adjust the power by sheeting in or out to control the flying height on the foil. The RS:X CONVERTIBLE brings a combination of excellent top-end speed, enhanced bottom-end power, superior control and stability to a wide range of performance minded sailors.
- 95% Carbon Mast – Compared toTPX100 there is additional safety margin in strength built into the mast. Increased hoop prepreg thickness spirally wound around the mast; this layer does not influence the stiffness or bend curve on the mast but increases the strength.
It reinforces the column and prevents the mast ovalization during compression, eliminating the main reason of mast breakages.
- Carbon Boom – Monocoque carbon boom body – Monocoque custom carbon tail extension – Forged carbon VT-Joint – Twin-Pin Trimlock adjustment system – Integrated boom lever – Universal adjustable outhaul kit – VT-Joint lateral locating button.
- MXT Extension – With a custom made stainless bottom piece combined with perfectly aligned angled pulleys and the exclusive MXT Mono-button system, the RS:Convertible alloy extension is the ultimate racing extension offering a wide range of trimming options. It has been designed to offer a secure, heavy duty connection and ease of operation.
- MXT Base – Fin box mast base system with urethane tendon, used by most professional sailors, MXT Large Release Mono-button for a secure, heavy duty connection and ease of operation. Sand friendly easy connection in all environments. Wide surface area contacting board for better load distribution.Grip padded plate for shock absorption and scratch protection of board deck.
SIZE: 7.0 & 7.8
MAST: 460 Carbon 95% SDM
BOOM: Carbon 180 cm